- The safety, security, and health of the American people remains the President’s top priority.
- The Trump Administration’s transparent, whole-of-government approach to mitigate the spread of coronavirus is unprecedented, comprehensive, and aggressive.
President Trump declared a national emergency and said, “no resource will be spared” in our effort to fight the spread of the virus.
- This action will open access to $50 billion dollars for states, territories, and localities.
The Trump Administration imposed necessary travel restrictions from global hotspots to help stop the spread.
- The FDA cut red tape that was limiting testing ability. Testing is available in all 50 states.
- President Trump secured legislation that will ensure Americans are able to be tested for free.
The Trump Administration has taken immediate action to help those impacted by Coronavirus.
- Legislation was negotiated to provide tax credits for eligible businesses.
- More flexibility in unemployment insurance programs for impacted workers has been provided.
- Interest on student loans held by the federal government has been waived.
- The Treasury Department has been instructed to defer tax payments for certain impacted individuals and businesses.
- The White House Task Force, headed by Vice President Pence, has remained in constant communication with world, federal, state, and local officials.
- The Task Force is continuing to keep the American people informed through public press conferences, hearings, and interviews.
- Treasury Department to defer tax payments for certain impacted individuals and businesses. Both parties should unite behind President Trump to help stop the spread of this virus.
- Please visit coronavirus.gov to see ways to keep you, your family, and your community safe.